The next time you swipe your EECU ATM & Check Card at a Point-of-Sale (POS) register, you will be asked if your prefer credit or debit. The following information will help you see why choosing credit may be to your advantage:
Credit - Sign & Save!
- For added security, no PIN number is required - only a signature.
- You may have the right to have disputed charges removed from your account.
- Fund availability is based on your balance and overdraft sources.
- With Advantage Checking, you may earn 2-3 more days in dividends because funds are not withdrawn until the charge is actually received by the Credit Union.
Debit - PIN & Pay!
- Requires you to enter a PIN number.
- No charge back rights on disputes.
- Fund availability is based only on your daily withdrawal limit and overdraft sources.
- The amount of the transaction is debited from your Checking Account at the time of purchase.
Choosing credit also means less merchant fees for your Credit Union, which translates into higher dividend rates and lower loan rates for all members. So, the next time you're at the check out, consider choosing credit when using your EECU ATM & Check Card.