As the earth is warmed up by the sunshine and the days get longer, we know summer is here; and with summer comes vacation and road trips. If you have a long (or short) road trip planned for the summer here are a few tips to keep the energy levels up and the ride entertaining.
1. Pack a lot of snacks. Before hitting the road, put together a snack cooler and fill it with your favorites. Make a simple trail mix of M&M's, dried cranberries and nuts, or make some homemade granola bars. Remember to pack a few easy, healthy snacks like apples or carrots (after sitting in a car for so long you might begin to crave something with nutritional value).
2. Stop along the journey. It's a road trip, right? So stop along the road and enjoy your trip! Give yourself enough time during your journey to allow for spontaneous stops at exciting lookouts, historical sights or points of interest. See as much as possible along your route.
3. Get out of your comfort zone. Do things that you normally wouldn't, such as hiking, going to a theme park or trying a unique new food. Look up some interesting things that you could do along the way. If you try new things you might discover something you love.
4. Map out your route. While it is fun to just get in the car and drive, it's also a good idea to have a general plan of how you're going to get to your destination. So plan out a course, but leave room for creativity and flexibility.
5. Do a lot. Pack your trip full of activities. The more you do, the longer your trip will seem to last because you will have so many memories to tie to it. So make a lot of memories that you will look back on with a smile.
6. Have a great playlist. You're going to want a lot of music. Make an awesome road trip playlist with all the best songs to turn up loud and roll the windows down.
7. Enjoy it. It's not going to be fun unless you choose to make the most of it all. Have a good attitude even when you're trying something new that you think you wont enjoy. Soak it all up and have a great trip!
How about you? What have you done to make a road trip memorable? What was the best road trip you ever took? Where did you go and what did you see? Leave us your comments below!