Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Decorate your walls!

 
Hello, and welcome to the second Thrifty Thursday! Today I have a few tips about decorating your walls with thrift store finds.

Resale shops are a great place to find unique, different, one-of-a-kind artwork to display in your home. I like to search for cool things, or trendy things, that would work well in my apartment.

First thing: collage wall.


After seeing so many cute collage walls on Pinterest, I wanted to make my own. So I started making a little pile of things I already had to hang up on my wall. Once I found what I could of my own stuff, I began my thrift store search. The great thing about a collage wall is that you can hang anything you want on it! It doesn't just have to be pictures. I look for low prices and cool pieces. You can also revamp items you find. For example, I found two small, square mirrors and just painted the frames different colors to customize them. Making a collage wall is a lot of fun and you can really let your creativity come out!

Second: mugs!


Cool mugs are always one of my favorite finds at thrift stores. Not only are they functional, they also make great artwork in your kitchen. Just by displaying a unique mug collection above the stove or next to the fridge, you create a great functional focal point. And all your guests can admire your great drink-wear too!



Mugs are usually pretty cheap, so when you find one you like, snag it!

That's all for today's Thrifty Thursday. Make sure to stay connected for more tips & tricks on resale shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment